Saturday 12 December 2009

By the Ruined Palace

I was down there. I was with her there. We were down by the lake. I witnessed her in a moment of unguarded glee. I didn't like it. I wanted to crush it. I wanted to escape from it.
I wanted to escape from her in that moment.
Escape to where? Escape into water? Into what warmth?
I saw her there. From afar I was warm, she felt warm.

She was shorter than me. She needed something she thought I had. I think she was mistaken. I watched her mistakes silently.
I think I was misguided. She pretended to guide me.

It was the black choking depths of summer. Infinite potential for impairment.
I knew enough about impairment. I knew enough about prisons of the sky. I think you know what I mean. I don't think she knew what it means. I don't think that's even pertinent.

The wind is pertinent. Her small hands were pertinent. I held them and marvelled.
I was with her there. By the ruined palace.

No comments:

 
Follow @dharma_ass